gnucash

Chris Faulkner chris.faulkner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:44:31 EDT 2008

Hi

I started using Gnucash on WIndows a couple of days ago (having been a long
time MS Money user) and I like it ! I tried installing on my FC 9 machine
tonight. I worked my way through dependency problems with the perl XML
parser but now I have a problem with guile. Here is the output from the
configure and a check I did on my guile version.

checking whether guile works... no
configure: WARNING: Can not find Guile on this system
checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... no:
configure: WARNING: guile version check failed
configure: error:

  guile does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
  correct version range.  Perhaps you have not installed the guile
  development packages?  Gnucash requires at least version 1.6 to build.

[root at chris-laptop gnucash-2.2.6]# guile --version
Guile 1.8.5
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,
2007

So I think I have guile 1.8.5 but Gnucash isn't happy with it.
I did search the mailing list and a couple of others have had a couple of
similar problems, although not for a while and the answers didn't help me
much.

Thanks

Chris