Account Tabs on Tool Bar

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 00:00:22 EDT 2008

On 8/28/08, Douglas D. Victoria <doug_victoria at comcast.net> wrote:
> How do I remove/hide the account tabs on the tool bar?  Using the left/right
>  scroll arrows is a cumbersome method for getting to the account I want to
>  work with; I'd like to be able to jump to the window that shows all the
>  account and then select the account I want to work with.  Similarly, I'd
>  like to delete a report tab on the tool bar that points to an old report.

The tabs stay open until you close them -- which you can do using the
little X on them or Control-W (those may depend on your window
manager), or using the Close button on the toolbar or the Close
command in the File menu. The application window stays open until you
Quit, so you can "safely" press Control-W without worrying you'll quit
the application by mistake.

I agree regarding how cumbersome the tabs are when there are too many
to fit the window. I just discovered that you can get a pop-up menu of
all the tabs by right-clicking in the tab area, and you can re-open
the Account tab that way.