XML DATA FILE

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Dec 1 10:09:34 EST 2008

At Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:05:27 -0500 Antonios <antonios.hadji at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I open with a text editor such as vi or emacs I do not see an XML
> file but random characters like you would see in a binary file.  This is
> with 2.2.4 on linux.
>
> any ideas why this would be?  I have my data file on an encrypted drive
> but this happens if I try to create a new dat a file on an un-encrypted too.

The file under Linux is compressed (with gzip).  I believe there is a
preferences setting to turn this on/off.

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk