Cannot Import File

acook4357 at rcn.com acook4357 at rcn.com
Tue Dec 2 12:46:32 EST 2008

Hello, I'm a brand new user of Gnucash, so new that I don't even have an account set up.
I used MS Money till system issues required an OS reload and I no longer have MS Money.
I currently use a web app called Clearcheckbook which has an export (QIF or CSV) feature.
MS Money was able to import a QIF file exported from Clearcheckbook but Gnucash cannot.
Gnucash import wizard reads
"Failed"
Line 1: File does not appear to be in QIF format: D04/12/2008
Read aborted.

Here is a sampling of the Clearcheckbook QIF export fille as seen when
opened by PSPad Text Editor.

D04/12/2008
T-60.00
PBalance Adjustment