Strange Error Message: "Scheduled Transactions with variables cannot be automatically created."

Brian M. Sutin gnucash at skewray.com
Wed Dec 3 22:03:55 EST 2008

Hello!  I am running Gnucash 2.2.6 on SuSE 10.2.  Since there appears to
be no rpm available, I compiled Gnucash.  (I did find an rpm for 2.02, but
this problem still appears.)  When I try to save a new scheduled transaction
or modify a previous scheduled transaction, I get a pop-up that says:

  Scheduled Transactions with variables cannot be automatically created.

The first problem with this message is that it is completely uninformative.
For even simple transactions that just move a fixed amount from one account
to another, I get this message.  How do I fix this?  At the moment I am
unable to create or modify my scheduled transactions.

Thanks!

Brian

--
Brian M. Sutin, Ph.D.     Space System Engineering and Optical Design
Skewray Research/316 W Green St/Claremont CA 91711 USA/(909) 621-3122