OSX Binaries for GnuCash?

Frank Marion lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Dec 9 22:36:13 EST 2008

Hi,

First, I wanted to thank all the developers who work on GnuCash, as a
Windows user, I was very pleasantly surprised to find out just how
excellent a product it is. I'm very pleased to find something that
does the job well without forfeiting one's cash to companies that care
more about the bottom line than their users. Thanks!

Second, I'm now a happy Mac user, using OS X/Leopard. I've search
everywhere for pre-compiled binaries, and to my chagrin have found
that there's nary a compiled version to be found. There are lots of
resources pointing to fink and Macports, and honestly, they are way
beyond me. You need to find a tool to compile another to access
another so that you can download this one to re-compile that one and...

I'm just a simple GnuCash aficionado, and am not at that technical
level.

Could I kindly ask someone to compile the latest version of GnuCash
for the OS X Leopard and post it somewhere that is accessible (and
then to let us know on this list)?

You would have my genuine gratitude.

Thanks!

--