auto rounding off

Zoltan Levardy zoltan at levardy.org
Fri Dec 12 05:48:36 EST 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Zoltan Levardy <zoltan at levardy.org> writes:
>

>> hi,
>>
>> this is my first question to this list, and i hope i was enough careful
>> while reading archive.
>>
>> So i have set up few bank accounts in two kind of currencies (EUR and
>> HUF). And auto rounding for HUF (Hungarian Forints) making me almost
>> crazy. Is there any way to turn this off? I have tried to set 1/100 for
>> the account, but does not help.
>> Just for example entering: 1,90 (yes, it is not a typo. In hungary we
>> are using comma instead of dots.), and the system immediately turning
>> into 2,00.
>>

> I general the rounding is performed based on the CURRENCY SCU, not the
> Account's SCU.  The Currency SCU will override the Account setting
> because the rounding code will take the most course-grained SCU
> amongst all the accounts in use.
>
> According to ISO, you cannot have anything smaller than one
> Hungrarian Forint, so that's why it's rounding 1.9 to 2.
>

>> thanks a lot,
>> Zoltan

> -derek

thanks for infos.

is there any way to change SCU settings for Forints? becasue current 1
forint takes all is simply incorrect.
Let me try to sum financial regulation here:
 - on bank account the smallest entry is 1 FILLER (which is 0,01
FORINT). That is the basis of trading. You can transfer it.
 - Filler became virtual in many steps, first they removed from physical
existence of 1 FILLER and 5 FILLER
 - later or they removed all filler coins, but it is still in use by
virtual (bank account) world, as 100 FILLERS = 1 FORINT
 - last year the 1 and 2 FORINTs COINS DISAPPEARED, but still prices
like, 999 FORINT, or 9,99 FORINTS.
 - in banking world: interest rates calculated in FILLERS, currency
exchanges made by 1EUR=267,23HUF, ..., etc.

in my personal point this 1 FORINT concept is not reflecting real life,
and Hungarian Law.

I am the only HUF users here?

should i find some official documentation to prove regulations here to
help the dev team to fix it?

many thanks
Zoltan