Matching transactions

possum don.harville at att.net
Sat Dec 13 15:32:31 EST 2008

I have set up some scheduled transaations to give me a look ahead 30 days in
the future.  I presumed that when I imported my bank transactions that if a
scheduled transaction matched an imported transaction, then it would
recognize it and not re-enter it.  On a similar note my paycheck varies a
little bit each time so I can't schedule what it will exactly be each time.
So I set up a scheduled transaction from my company with an estimated
amount.

In reality this is not working all the time.  The transactions from the bank
have a long name with various information vs. the nickname that I used in
the scheduled transaction, so GC doesn't recognize them as the same.  Also
the same thing for my paycheck since the amounts don't match up.

So can someone tell me how GC is supposed to work in matching imported
transactions vs. scheduled transactions and what do I need to do to make it
work as well as it can.  I do have Bayesian matching selected in my
preferences.
Thx