Gnucash 2.2.8

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 18:37:59 EST 2008

Happy December 25th.

I just updated Gnucash from 2.2.7 to 2.2.8 using fink on my Intel Mac (Leopard 10.5.5). Gnucash runs, but I want to report my OS X experience.

The update process took three iterations of 'fink update gnucash2' to get through. The first time I had 59 dependencies, the second time, 27, the third time, 5. The compile was then successful, but I ran into the "Cannot find default values." errors described in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.beginners/22339 and answered in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.beginners/22340

Subsequent attempts to run /sw/bin/gnucash yield the same startup error, even after rebooting the computer, and when I cancel out of that dialog (twice) I get:

(gnucash:7749): qof-CRITICAL **: qof_object_shutdown: assertion `object_is_initialized == TRUE' failed

I can get Gnucash to run by using init.sh first, but when I exit Gnucash after this, the terminal window gets the following errors:

gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "ct" unregistered
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "configmgr" unregistered
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "dbio" unregistered

Contrary to the experience hinted at in the earlier thread, my Mac seems each time to need init.sh each time.

Fuller System info:

Intel Macbook Pro
Mac OS X: 10.5.5
X11: XQuartz 2.3.1 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple17)
fink --version
Package manager version: 0.28.6
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Wed Dec 24 19:07:58 2008, 10.5, i386

David