(resolved) cannot create Income or Expense account

chishiki chishiki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 06:17:43 EST 2008

Greetings,

I am both an accounting novice and a GnuCash newbie. Apologies, and thanks
in advance for your consideration and time.

I am using 2.2.8 on a PC with Windows XP Home Edition (Japanese version).

My problem is: I am not able to create income or expense accounts. There are
only 9 available account types: Bank, Cash, Asset, Credit Card, Liability,
Stock, Mutual Fund, A/Receivable, and A/Payable. There should be 13,
correct? (
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/accts_types1.html per
documentation ).

Am I missing something obvious? I need both income and expense accounts...
don't I?

RESOLVED
I edited the gnucash.bat file to reflect:
set LANGUAGE=en_GB
set LANG=en_GB
...and that fixed it.

Cheers!