Reconciliation problem - State of transaction as reconciled is not preserved.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 28 10:54:36 EST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Avner <avner-moshkovitz at shaw.ca>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with reconciling transactions on my credit card account.
> After importing new transactions into gnucash, the reconciled state of the
> new transactions is not preserved.
>
> I downloaded a new period of credit card transactions from the credit card
> online banking site and imported it into my gnucash data file.
>
> I reconcile some of the new transactions, choose Postpone, save the data to
> file and exit gnucash.
>
> After reopening the gnucash application, the transactions show up as not
> reconciled.
>
> I have tried doing the same for transactions from a previous import
> successfully, i.e. the reconciled state is preserved
>
> I suspect that this have to do with gnucash handling growing amount of
> transactions.
>
> Alternatively this may be related to multiple importing. I'm using Gnucash
> 2.2.7 I have also tried version 2.2.8 with no success
>
> Thanks,
>
> Avi

When you Postpone the reconciliation it will NOT mark the transactions
as RECONCILED (y).  However, it SHOULD mark the items as Cleared (c).

The QIF importer doesn't touch the reconciliation bits at all.
The OFX importer will mark duplicate/matched transactions as cleared.