OFX Import and negative prices on stock transactions

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 8 22:09:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 12:53:14PM -0800, Charles Day wrote:
[...]
| But why should we even need signed numbers if we already know that we are
| doing a buy, as evidenced by the <BUYSTOCK> tag? It seems unnecessary, but
| that's just the way OFX works, I guess.

That is a good point.  Since I get my OFX from the broker handling my
fund, any <BUY*> is going to increase the shares I have while
decreasing the value of the brokerage account.

I don't know if there is a situation where the total should be
positive for the <BUY>, but if GnuCash provided a convenient way to
override it that would really help me (and anyone else who can't fix
the source of the OFX data).

-Derrick

--
If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org