How to get quotes for Italian Mutual Fund?

Conor O'Neill pebbles at puddle.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 15:31:44 EST 2008

Arghh. Mine stopped working the other day too... That information I put
into the HOWTO worked for less than 1 month! :-(

Why on earth don't any of these web sites make this data available via
straightforward simple web services??? And why do they keep changing
their symbols. Arghh again.

Conor

Richard Ullger wrote:
> Paolo,
>
> Further to my earlier post, you will also notice that when you display
> the page for a fund at Yahoo, instead of displaying the chart it
> displays the text 'Invalid Ticker' which might indicate that its a
> problem at their end.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.
>
> placst80 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I wish to get the quotes for an italian mutual fund, "Bancoposta Azionario
>> Internazionale". I found infos about it on yahoo at the page
>> http://it.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IT0003110860ITA
>> http://it.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IT0003110860ITA
>>
>> I tried selecting "FUND" in the "type" field, and "3110860.MI" (as it is
>> traded on the Milan market) in the "symbol/abbreviation" field. I also
>> selected "Europe (Yahoo, ..)" as multiple source.
>>
>> It does not work.
>>
>> I tried, just to test, to get others quotes (of stocks, this time) traded in
>> the italian market, and i succeded in getting them simply configuring
>> "EUREX" as type, "F.MI" as symbol (Fiat) and the same source as above.
>>
>> What I have to do?
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Paolo Costa
>>
>> -----
>> SW:    Gnucash 2.2.3, Windows XP SP2, Active Perl 588 Build 822
>> HW:    Sony Vaio VGN-FS 155M

Conor O'Neill, at home in Bristol, UK