changing RUR to RUB in old accounts file

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 12 12:48:28 EST 2008

Hi,

Alexey <bonifaciy at mail.ru> writes:

> Thanks for your answer, though it didn't help.
> I upgraded to gnucash 2.2.2 coming with Debian Lenny distribution.
> However, still when I open my file and go to window "Tools->Security
> Editor" I see RUR standing for Russian ruble.

I don't know what else to tell you.  It's possible that the PriceDB
code is broken and doesn't use the conversion routines, but I find
that highly unlikely.  The only other possibility I can think of is
that your data file contains the RUR currency so it's re-adding it to
the currency database.  You might try uncompressing your data file and
seeing if there's an RUR gnc:commodity definition near the top of the
file, and if so remove it.

> When I create new file then it's RUB but I don't need new files at the
> moment. I want to continue the old tile with updated securities.
>
> So, the question in another words:
> Is there a way to edit securities ?

SECURITIES?  Yes.  CURRENCIES?  No.  The currencies are all
hard-coded, and in 2.2.2 there is only the RUB, not RUR.  But
I suspect your data file has an instance of RUR and GnuCash isn't
properly converting.