copying splits from a transaction

Alex spam at twelve17.com
Wed Feb 13 15:11:35 EST 2008

Hello,

I import my bank's transactions via ofx files from my bank.  Part of
those transactions include my regular payroll deposits.  I normally go
in and split payroll deposits to track deductions (i.e. 401k deductions,
taxes, etc).  This can be a little tedious since each paycheck may have
half a dozen transactions.  Is it possible to copy the split lines from
a transaction into another?  I realize there is a "Copy Transaction"
option from the "Transaction" menu, but I believe pasting that would
create a new transaction altogether.  If I instead pasted and overwrote
one of the existing transactions, would I lose some kind of underlying
ofx data?

Hopes this makes sense.

Thanks!

Alex Porras