Problems getting quotes for funds

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 22:54:31 EST 2008

If you can find the folder containing the finance-quote modules, you
could apply the attached patch, and it should work as long as you
don't have any quote retrievals pointed at Yahoo USA (Yahoo Asia and
Australia might also be a problem -- I haven't tested). On my mac
they're in a folder something like:  perl5/5.8.8/Finance/Quote/Yahoo/
Base.pm and Europe.pm. There are only 3 changes, so you could hand
edit pretty easily too. Then use the isin+country code for the ticker.

dbr$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo_europe IT0003110860ITA
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: IT0003110860ITA      <=== required
       date: 02/12/2008           <=== required
   currency: EUR                  <=== required
       last: 3.74                 <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price: 3.74                 <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional

Dave