invoices: "P" and "I"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Feb 19 15:21:23 EST 2008

On Tuesday 19 Feb 2008, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> what do the attributes "P" and "I" of invoices exactly mean? What effect
> >> does a switch between them have?
> >
> > IIRC, they mark a txn as either "Payment" or "Invoice".
>
> What exactly does that mean? Maybe there is some link to some
> documentation?

Hi,

I mean that one sort txn has been created by the "Create Invoice" process, and
the other sort of txn is created by the "Process Payment" dialog.
As far as docs go, I haven't looked at them for years, but I'd suggest the
business chapters in the concepts guide etc. may cover this.

> > I wasn't aware that you could change them manually.
>
> Easy from P to I, but reverse it seems to be a difficult. I had to
> "erase" a part of a booking to amend the accounting method.

I know that altering stuff in the A/R (or A/P) registers is generally not
possible, and is never a good idea.  TBH, I don't think I've ever used the
flag for anything, nor have I ever tried to change it - sorry I can't be of
more help to you on this.

Cheers,
Maf.