problem when looking for an account to transfer to

Alessandro Borgia ale05 at borgia.bo.it
Fri Feb 22 05:34:37 EST 2008

I installed Gnucash 2.2.3 on Windows 2000 NT. Previously I have been
using a release under Linux for years.
I found all my accounts and transactions.
I opened a cash account to register a withdrawal from an existing bank
account, and gnucash suggested me the latest transaction it bore in its
history. Needing to change the counterpart in a different account, I
found it in the account list and I chosed, but gnucash did not allow me,
saying that "account does not exist. Would you create a new account?". I
tried to change it with any else account within the full list. The
answer was the same for all credit accounts, while the remaining ones
worked fine.
Trying to restore the account previously suggested by Gnucash itself,
the answer was still the same: (i.d. Gnucash does not recognize its own
account!).

Jusched.log reported:
Fri Feb 22 07:58:44 2008
:: Either not a Win2000, XP platform or Non-admin user or
GetModuleFilename failed or Error Opening JavaUpdate Keys.

gnucash.trace reported
*   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 1378 bytes.
The identifiers might not be very random.
*   WARN <gnc.app-util> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child
process (No such file or directory)
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed: Handle
di finestra non valido.
*   CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c' failed
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed: Handle
di finestra non valido.
*   CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c' failed
*   CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c' failed
*  DEBUG <gnc.tests> [enter
../../../../src/import-export/log-replay/gnc-log-replay.c:gnc_file_log_replay()]

*  DEBUG <gnc.tests> [leave gnc_file_log_replay()]
*  DEBUG <gnc.tests> [enter
../../../../src/import-export/log-replay/gnc-log-replay.c:gnc_file_log_replay()]

*  DEBUG <gnc.tests> [leave gnc_file_log_replay()]
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed: Handle
di finestra non valido.
*   CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c' failed
*   CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c' failed
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed: Handle
di finestra non valido.

Someone could help me?
Thanks.
--