Simple reconciliation question

Bill Michal portabill at bak.rr.com
Fri Feb 22 13:19:32 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm receiving a third window in the reconciliation process that I'm curious
about.  The first lets you select the statement date and ending balance
(Reconcile Information), the second shows the individual debits and credits
in two different panels, the final balance and has the Finish button
(Reconcile).  The third shows the statement balance, a date, debit and
credit accounts (Transfer Funds).

I found that if the ending balance on the first window is $0 (meaning I
entered a payment from Checking), I don't get the third window, but if I
haven't put the entered the payment from checking or the payment is
scheduled on a date after the statement date, I get the third Transfer Funds
window asking me to pay the ending balance. If I have already manually
entered a scheduled payment, I hit cancel on the Transfer Funds window. If I
have not entered the scheduled payment, I can either hit cancel and enter it
manually later or make sure the debit and credit accounts are right, set the
date and description and press ok to allow it to enter the transaction for
me.

I created a test file to work through this several times as I typed this and
it is much clearer now, so this all seems correct. I was concerned because I
didn't see the Transfer Funds window in the docs.  I was just wanting to
make sure this was correct.

Thanks for the ramble,

Bill