Exporting from Quicken

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:22:06 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:27 PM, The Wassermans <dwass at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

> I see . . . . .
>
> Tom it would assist me greatly if you could send me an extract of a bank
> qif.  Just a small extract (one transaction will do) so that I can see
> the structure Quicken uses in their qif's.  Would you mind?

You'll find a variety of QIF examples attached to the QIF importer bugs in
Bugzilla. There is also a helpful but incomplete write-up on the QIF format
here:
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/file-format.txt

Here's a sample QIF file for a bank account. There are two dining
transactions that reduce the balance of the account.

!Option:AutoSwitch
!Account
NMy Bank Account
TBank