Exporting from Quicken

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 20:55:51 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:51 PM, The Wassermans <dwass at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>  Thank you Charles,
>
> Roadkill not recommended huh?
>
> Not sure(yet) what parra #1 does but I'll work that out.  Thanks again.

The first few lines specify the account name ("My Bank Account") and QIF
account type ("Bank") for the transactions immediately following it, i.e.
the two meals were paid using "My Bank Account".  Once all the transactions
for "My Bank Account" have been listed, you can repeat the whole thing for a
different account.

By the way, you don't have to use the silly date format given in the
example. That's how Quicken does it, but GnuCash understands several
alternative formats. Some examples: MM/DD/YYYY, DD.MM.YYYY, YYYY'MM'DD

-Charles