Managing large files

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 08:39:50 EST 2008

Hi,

I have the same problem. All data since 2000 in one file.
I'd like to keep it as it is in order to be able to get year to year
comparisons, but reporting time is long.

I was wondering if having, say, one file per year, one could still get
multi-year reports, e.g. by loading more than one file at the time?
I guess this would not accelerate the reporting engine, anyway.

Derek, any clue where to start looking for getting the reports faster?
Inside src/gnome-utils/gnc-html-graph-gog.c  I did not see anything
obvious (I am most concerned with barcharts)

Thanks

Davide