help with categories & strange boxes in Gnucash

erytting at indiana.edu erytting at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 26 18:59:57 EST 2008

Quoting Davey B <the.lounge at btconnect.com>:

> Venstra, Elizabeth J wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just downloaded Gnucash (2.2.3) on the recommendation of a friend.
>>  My first question is: Is there a way to customize the spending
>> categories?  I have looked in every menu multiple times and I cannot
>> find anything that looks like this, nor can I find an answer in the
>> help document.
>>
> I'm using 2.2.1 and with the icons set to display there are some
> little counting houses with New, Edit & Delete under them or you can
> highlight an account and opposite click then take it from there :)

It seems to me that you're talking about icons on the main accounts
page, which (as far as I can tell) allow me to edit the main settings
of an account.  But I see nothing in the Edit Account window that
allows me to customize the categories.  If it's there and I'm missing
it, please elaborate further!

Thanks,
Elizabeth