GnuCash changed language!

cidhuang at igs.com.tw cidhuang at igs.com.tw
Wed Feb 27 05:46:06 EST 2008

If you are running GnuCash on Windows, you can set the interface language by editing the file "gnucash.bat" in the folder "C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin" (or wherever you installed GnuCash into). If you want to change the default language to English, you should add the line:

set LANGUAGE=en_US
set LANG=en_US

The "gnucash.bat" file should look similar to the text below.

set PATH=C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin;C:\Program Files\gnucash\lib;C:\Program Files\gnucash\lib\gnucash;%PATH%
set GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED=no
(...)
set LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\Program Files\gnucash\lib
set LANGUAGE=en_US
set LANG=en_US
start gnucash-bin