"Find" no longer works

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 28 22:04:30 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:52:40PM -0500, Andrew Ruscica wrote:
| On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:58:58PM -0800, fml at petrel.rprc.washington.edu wrote:
| > For some time now, "Find" no longer works.  If I click on Edit/Find,
| > several small windows open and vanish before anything in them can be
| > read.  This used to work!
| >
| > I'm running gnucash-2.2.3 (Debian/lenny-testing).  I've similarly
| > whined on debian-users without getting any response.  Everything
| > else that I've tried works.

| Does your window manager happen to be fvwm? For me, gnucash does similar
| things under fvwm but is fine under kde. I'm running 2.2.2 on OpenSuse/i386.

This caught my attention, so I just tried this myself.  Gnucash is
2.2.2-2 running on Debian.

First I displayed it (using X-over-ssh) to Ubuntu 7.10 with
fvwm-gnome 1:2.5.21-1.  This arrangement exhibits the problem: a
window is created, then immediately destroyed.

Then I ran it displaying on the local system, Debian with
ion3 20061223-1 (using vncserver). This does not exhibit the problem.

-Derrick

--
(E)ventually (M)allocs (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org