Advanced Portfolio Report

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 29 13:54:46 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:45:36AM +0000, Richard Ullger wrote:
> Andrew, Derek,
>
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> What I'm looking for is a valuation that includes dividends and
interest to give a true ROI, similar to the portfolio view in Quicken
98.

Sounds like you're trying to get an overall view of money in one
complete brokerage account? Say, all the money in your Fidelity
account? AM I understanding that properly?

I could see a report that looks at the returns for an entire sub-tree
of the accounts and would allow you to include all the various bits of
money that go into one of those accounts... someday...

> I appretiate the suggestion of using the multi-column report. I've used this to simulate the snapshots window in Quicken and have the advanced portfolio, net worth and 12mth income/expense reports on it but its painfully slow. There are other problems with the MC report but thats another issue.

indeed.