platform

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 2 23:46:14 EST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 9:41 PM, Bill wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> Can you provide information on what's 'under the hood' in Gnucash?
>

> For example, Turbo cash (also open source accounting software)
> provides this
> info on their web site:
>

> TurboCASH Accounting is a Windows App dependent on Delphi 6, BDE,
> Paradox,
> Infopower3, QuickReports Pro, Midas XML, InnoScript, Micosoft HTML
> Compiler,
> Install Shield. A linux version is being planned.

I noticed that Josh Sled has already replied, but I'll throw in a
slightly shorter description just for kicks. For more info, you can
check the README file:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README
and the README.dependencies file
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies

GnuCash is a C and Scheme implementation of financial accounting
software making use of over 100 open source libraries from the GNOME
platform, Perl modules, and online banking utilities. GnuCash runs on
Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.

BTW, I think Josh's description is more precise. Mine looks more like
not-as-informative marketing.

Dave
--
David Reiser