QIF Import created spurious accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 3 08:32:09 EST 2008

"Ian Lewis" <ianmlewis at gmail.com> writes:

>     I'd argue that it SHOULD use the "Default New Account Currency"
>     and NOT the locale currency.  So in that respect I think the current
>     behavior is correct.
>
> Really? I suppose which currency it chooses as a default is rather arbitrary
> but the logic that it should use the default new account currency seems
> misplaced if the currency is not used just for accounts created on import.

Well, I'd argue this because "default new-account currency" and
"default new-transaction currency" should be the same...  And
using this currency makes it easier for a user of gnucash to
change that currency on the fly.  They only need to change a
preference, rather than changing their locale and restarting
gnucash.

Ideally, eventually, this setting should move to a data file property.
But that's something for another day.