Symbols for online quotes for UK Unit Trusts?

Conor O'Neill pebbles at puddle.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 13:31:12 EST 2008

I have recently upgraded to Mandriva 2008, which includes GnuCash 2.2.1.

In the past, I have been successfully downloading price quotes (for many
years!) for my various UK unit trusts and some London stock prices.

These prices now don't seem to work, yet I can successfully download
some US fund prices (e.g. Amazon; AMZN, from yahoo), so my basic
Finance::Quote installation is working.

I think I might need to sort out the various symbols etc for the stock
quotes. I originally got some of these ages ago, but I no longer
remember how I arrived at the various symbols.

So; my question:

Does anyone have feeds for UK Unit Trusts working successfully?
If so, which price source do you use; I'm trying 'Type of quote source'
set to Multiple, on 'U.K. Unit Trusts'.
And the, what symbols do you use for each fund? (I assume these have to
be entered into the 'CUSIP or other code' field). How do you find a list
of pertinent codes?

Examples I'd like to get working are:
Rathbone Income
Artemis UK Growth