What's your favorite year end method?

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Thu Jan 3 17:45:34 EST 2008

Andrew Sackville-West <ajswest at mindspring.com> writes:

> Now what the user is doing here is abstracting the actual
> money flow. We all know, though the user might not see it, that the
> money is actually flowing into a brokerage account of some kind and
> that the buy is a separate transaction. If the user models it this
> way, with that interim account, then the reporting is much easier, we
> can rely on the fact that any income split that touches the account
> directly is some kind of dividend or otherwise directly related income
> event as opposed to the employer contribution. In a way, we already
> need to user to follow specific guidelines for this case, so I don't
> think it's too much to ask them to follow a different, more
> information laden, guideline.

For what it's worth, that's how I handle it.

Despite was has been said here, Lisp continues to be a major language.
I've read a couple of articles, which I can't find now, that talked
about Lisp making a comeback and about it being used at major
corporations. All I could find now is:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_programming_language

And on the lighter side:

  http://xkcd.org/224/