Single Payment for multiple invoices

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Jan 6 17:18:53 EST 2008

At Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:22:37 -0500 Daniel Rucci <dan at rucci.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>     Wondering if theres a way to process a payment that is a single
> check but for multiple invoices. If i break each one up individually
> then i have several deposits for X dollars rather then 1 deposit for
> Y... I tried creating the splits manually in the AR register but the
> 'invoice paid' magic doesn't occur.

Are these invoices for the same customer or different customers?  You
should be able to just make the one payment and GnuCash *should* process
as many splits as needed to pay off the inovoices (from oldest to
newest). I know the opposite does work (partial payment applied to
multiple outstanding invoices -- as one invoice gets paid, the remaining
paymount is applied to the next invoice).  Just do 'process payment' for
the full amount of the payment and GnuCash should do the rest...

> Thanks,
>     Dan

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk