sharing files between linux/windows

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Mon Jan 7 10:48:08 EST 2008

I have recently switching from Quickbooks to GnuCash and love it so
far.  One of the reasons for this (other than that Quickbooks
SUCKS) was because I'm using more non-Windows operating systems daily
so I'd like to be able to use a program like GnuCash that works on
either.

I setup an SVN repository to hold my main gnucash data file so I can
share it between computers.  What this boils down to is that I might
be using the Windows version one day to update my data file, commit
it to svn and next day svn up the Linux checkout and use gnucash
from that computer to update the same datafile.  As long as all
gnucash programs are running the same version (2.2.2) is this
reasonable?  So far it seems to be working ok.

Josh