sharing files between linux/windows

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 8 12:27:42 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:41:04AM -0600, Eric Ladner wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 10:53 PM, Josh Trutwin <josh at trutwins.homeip.net> wrote:
> >
> > So far it seems to be working ok - I use TortoiseSVN on windows to
> > pull in the latest data file copy and check it in when done.  90% of
> > the edits will be done on Linux though - I mainly wanted to make sure
> > I wasn't going to eventually corrupt the data file doing this.  :)
>
> Well, if something strange DOES happen, you could always check out the
> last known good copy.  ;)

That's a good point, especially because it sounds like OP is going to
do more switching than has been done before.

Josh, it should work fine, but there are (as per that one bug
mentioned already) some differences. I think it's safe to say you will
be finding if there are any bugs out there. Make sure you keep good track of
what you're doing.