Gnucash Get Quotes problem

kendall green kendall.green at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:51:53 EST 2008

here is the result from gnc-fq-dump for usa, similar for fidelity
gnc-fq-dump usa QQQQ SPY MSFT
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: QQQQ                 <=== required
      date: 01/10/2008           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 47.81                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 47.81                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
=====

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: SPY                  <=== required
      date: 01/10/2008           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 141.41               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 141.41               <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
=====

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: MSFT                 <=== required
      date: 01/10/2008           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 34.11                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 34.11                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
ken at linux-k6kn:~/gnucash>

On 1/10/08, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> "kendall green" <kendall.green at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > It has been reported before to the gnucash and SUSE groups.  warlord
> > thinks it is a perl problem and suggests reporting it to SUSE.
> > Stanislav Brabec at SUSE can't reproduce it.  Anyway, gnc-fq-dump
> > works fine.  The debugging info is as follows:
> >
> >  gnucash --logto stderr --log "gnc.scm=debug"
> > gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
> > configure time.
> >
> > * 13:35:39 DEBUG <gnc.scm> starting up (1).
> > * 13:35:39 DEBUG <gnc.scm> handling command line arguments(gnucash)
> > * 13:35:39 DEBUG <gnc.scm> files to open: ()
> > * 13:35:40 DEBUG <gnc.scm> (results (1.13 tsp vwd financecanada
> > yahoo_nz australia usa troweprice france amfiindia nasdaq usfedbonds
> > bmonesbittburns aex_options yahoo_asia troweprice_direct tiaacref
> > canada yahoo seb_funds yahoo_brasil fidelity aiahk greece dwsfunds
> > yahoo_australia unionfunds finland lerevenu asia indiamutual hex
> > brasil asegr deka nyse canadamutual fidelity_direct asx tdwaterhouse
> > fool trustnet ftportfolios_direct uk_unit_trusts dutch ftportfolios
> > tdefunds nzx za aex_futures fundlibrary stockhousecanada_fund aex
> > yahoo_europe nz vanguard bourso europe platinum maninv))
> > Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
>
> This clearly states that F::Q is installed properly..
>
> > * 13:35:40 MESSG <gnc.scm> Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
> > * 13:35:45 DEBUG <gnc.scm> (handling-request (usa QQQQ SPY MSFT ))
> > * 13:35:48 DEBUG <gnc.scm> (results #<eof>)
> > * 13:35:48 DEBUG <gnc.scm> (handling-request (fidelity FCNTX ))
> > ERROR: In procedure fport_flush:
> > ERROR: Bad file descriptor
>
> And this would seem (to me) to imply that there's a bug in F::Q
> in either the "USA" or "Fidelity" grabbers.  You could try running
> gnc-fq-dump or even gnc-fq-helper by hand and see what happens.

> -derek
>
> --

Kendall Green