rearranging accounts - backdoor?

Pelton, Brian bpelton at jgboswell.com
Fri Jan 11 16:25:11 EST 2008

You can get at the raw data.  The gnu cash file is compressed, so once
you uncompress it you should see the raw data - which is in an xml
format.  If you're on windows, you can uncompress it with a utility like
7-zip.

I'm thinking that editing the xml by hand it going to be more painful
than using the GUI.  The account node holds a reference to its parent
account.  The reference is a GUID.  So, I guess you could copy and paste
the GUIDS to build your tree up.  But, again, that sounds more painful
that editing an account in the GUI and choosing a new parent account.

--Brian