Trying to import QIF Files from KMyMoney

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:27:42 EST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 1:33 PM, Rob Syms <symsr2003 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have seen the Martin Meyer comments on Thu May  4 17:12:46 EDT 2006, but
> I am confused as to what constituting the error "QIF file parse failed: Data
> for number or date does not match a known format." What are the steps to get
> it right!

You're right - the generic error message displayed by the QIF importer isn't
very helpful. However some more detailed information, including a Scheme
backtrace and a more helpful error message, would have automatically been
spewed somewhere. I'm not sure where it goes since I'm running GnuCash out
of my own build environment (for me it just spits out on the command line)
but that's what you want to find.  I'm sure someone else here will tell you
where to look.

Once we have that information, it'll probably point us to the offending
content of your QIF file, and we'll be better able to diagnose the
situation.

Cheers,
Charles