Editing the "other side" of reconciled transactions

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 14 09:23:13 EST 2008

Along the same topic I was surprised that gnucash did not warn me when I
inadvertently changed the date of a transaction. The transaction was
reconciled in another account (gnucash version 2.2.1, r16462 on
2007-10-03). If in fact the warnings are only triggered when accessing the
transaction from the account in which the split was reconciled, this seems
wrong, i.e., not as helpful as it should be. In this case the change really
affects the reconciled split of the transaction.

I just tested the following:

Go to a reconciled transaction. Attempt to change the transfer account.
Warning appears.

Go to a reconciled transaction. Click split. Change the transfer account.
No warning.

Dale Alspach