editing a reconciled split

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 14 10:46:26 EST 2008

Rich Duzenbury <rduz at westernmidrange.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Oops, I did not heed this warning, and now I have a problem balancing a
> checking account.
>
> What is the repair procedure, please?  How painful might it be?

Well, it all depends what you changed.  If all you did is
accidentally un-reconcile, then the fix is to just re-reconcile
that transaction at your next reconciliation period.  As I've
said over and over, ignore the starting balance, it's the ending
balance that matters.

If you, however, changed something else, like the account or
the amount... then you have bigger issues.