Editing the "other side" of reconciled transactions

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 17:55:05 EST 2008

Fred Bone wrote:

[not being able to change the unreconciled destination of a transaction]

 > On 13 Jan 2008 at 14:34, Donald Allen said:
>> I'm able to do it in 2.0.5.
> Presumably, then, you have avoided replying "no, and don't ask me ever
> again" to the warning message that comes up when you do it - which is
> what I expect the OP did.

Hmm. I'm using 2.2.1. Perhaps I did respond to some dialogue a while
ago, presumably on the basis that "no I don't want to break
reconciliation" - ironically having the opposite effect if that's the case.

Is there any way to re-enable the dialogues like that? Even an option in
the preferences to re-enable all "disabled" dialogues would be good,
although I note there's a separate one related to the auto-save option.

I had a quick poke around the config files in .gnucash but couldn't see
anything obvious.

Thanks for all the useful pointers.

Tim