Register colors & appearance

Max Hyre max at hyre.net
Wed Jan 16 09:25:59 EST 2008

Kim_Wood wrote:

> Further, it would be
> great to be able to select alternating register background colors other than
> green and white - with the selected register highlighted yellow.  They
> aren't too bad - but I would prefer to select my own colors.

    Is anyone here old enough to remember ``greenbar''
paper?  It had alternating line colors, but each color
covered three lines (three green, three white, ...), and
whoever designed it had a solid clue.  (See
http://www.pdp8.net/images/greenbar.shtml)

It's easier to deal with.  When the color alternation is
narrow, the eye easily slips from the desired line at the
left end to a different one at the right.  On the other
hand, a wider band of lines is easier to follow across, and
the line of interest is either top, bottom, or in
between---trivially easy to distinguish when you get to the
other side.

    I'd like to be able to control the alternation of colors
to be able to get that effect.  Is there a straightforward
way to do so?

> Having said all that - Gnucash is a great product.

Hear, hear!

--

		Best wishes,

				Max Hyre

Being a professional is doing the things you love to do,
on the days you don’t feel like doing them.
     	   	-- Julius Erving