[OT] Any DnB Nor bank account users needing QIF converter here? - dnbnor2qif Ruby script.

Kent Dahl kentda at pvv.org
Sat Jan 19 08:45:38 EST 2008

Hi.

In case anyone else here have DnB Nor bank account and are using their
online banking web pages, and aren't already using some tool for
importing it into GnuCash, this might be useful for you.

May only apply for Norwegians, as I do not know how and if DnB Nor is
used outside Norway, except for DnB Nord in Estonia, but I don't know
how their online bank web pages work...

I knocked up a quick and dirty Ruby script for this purpose. It takes
the CSV format downloadable from the online pages of DnB Nor, to a
fairly straight-forward QIF format which GnuCash will accept. I've now
used it for a few months personally, without any ill effects, so thought
I'd mention it.

Available at:
http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/ruby/
http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/ruby/filer/dnbnor2qif.tar.gz

Let me know if this is useful for anyone, and if there are any issues,
problems, suggestions etc.

--
Kent Dahl <kentda at pvv.org>
http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/