Analytical accounting with gnucash

Roland Orre roland.orre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:18:48 EST 2008

Has anyone performed analytical accounting with gnucash?

What we want to do is to keep track of income/costs/assets per project
so we could easily get a balance and result report per project, as well
as in total.

I guess that  this is what jobs are for, so each project gets a job name
and a project number, but I haven't understood how to be able to
create e.g. account summary or other reports listed per project.

I'm new to gnucash but I guess I have to do some scheme programming
for this to work. I'm well experienced in scheme so this is not the problem
but has anyone done something like this an can hint about how to start
or tell if this is the best way to do it. (the version 1.8.12 could possibly be
be a problem as well, as I noticed that 2.2 was available).

Roland Orre