Replaying log files doesn't seem to restore entries

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 24 08:43:36 EST 2008

andy thomas <andy at netstat-a.net> writes:

> Debug: dump_split_record: Record amount: 0/1
> Debug: dump_split_record: Record value: 0/100

Well, this split has 0 amount and value; so you wouldn't see any
changes in you CoA balances..

>> Well, you're using a VERY old release..  I mean, 2.0 was released
>> two years ago!  Even 1.8.12 is more recent that what you've got.
>> Version 1.8.9 was released over four years ago, so so it's quite
>> possible this bug was fixed in the intervening time.
>
> I'm only using 1.8.9 because it happened to be bundled with SuSE Linux
> 9.3; it works and does what I want to do which is to maintain a small
> set of accounts. It wasn't a conscious decision on my part to use this
> old version - it was just "there" on a spare server so I decided to
> use it remotely from my desktop. I suppose if I was an accountant
> (which I most certainly am not), I'd probably be using the latest &
> greatest version!

I know there were a bunch of Log Replay fixes in late model 1.8
releases, but honestly I don't remember when they got put in.
The Log Replay features took a few releases to get right.