Where is gnucash register?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jan 25 19:28:46 EST 2008

henrymds <henryf61 at gmail.com> writes:
> I can't find the register. I imported a single QIF file from Quicken in
> Windows XP to gnucash 2.2.1 in Ubuntu 7.10. Gnucash recognizes all my
> categories/accounts. A report summary has the correct final balance. A
> transaction report appears to have all the transactions listed but I can't
> find the register anywhere.

In the Accounts tab in the main window, double-click on an account to open
the register for that account in a new tab.  Use the triangle controls on the
left-most side of that window to expand/collapse the account tree.

> File > Open > Open is supposed to open an account tree somehow but all it
> does is list the backups of my file.

{File > Open > Open…} opens a datafile, just like a word processor or
spreadsheet would.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}