Possible problem with splits

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Jan 25 19:25:45 EST 2008

Could we please forget that I ever used the word "memo" (for most of my
life any bookkeeping I did was the old fashioned pen and ink on paper way)

I meant transaction what is here called "transaction description".

Also for the time being, can we ignore any questions about "and how
would you implement that?". I too am a very experienced analyst. The
place to start is with the client (end user) needs and once those are
determined, once the desired behavior is determined, only then up to the
program designers/coders to figure out how. This user forum is not the
place for me to discuss implementation concerns (except might I point
out, I wouldn't anticipate any particular difficulty -- but then again,
figuring out the how is what they used to pay me the big bucks for).

It really will help if we consider JUST making a bank deposit. Describe
what YOU think you should be doing and what you should be seeing if at
the end of the day at your business somebody took to the bank and
deposited the 25 checks which came in that day. For all sorts of things
(will be split to different accounts). What do you expect to see when
looking at the account "bank account" and what do you expect to see in
each of the N accounts affected by the split? What do you (would the
business person) want to see?

Michael