some questions concerning gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 1 11:34:58 EDT 2008

ericphp at free.fr writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have some questions concerning gnucash features.
>
> Why is not possible to create a loan at 0%. Evry time i try to create a loan with 0%, gnucash use the number 0.001% ?

Because at 0% it's NOT a loan, per se.  It's just a periodic
payment so you can just create a standard SX for your periodic
payment.

> For theloan assurance, is it possible to use percentage instead of a fix payment ?

Sure, just enter in the formula into the SX.

> For the investment:
>
> Is it possible to create a daily report that permit to know the gain or lost of a day for each action ?

GnuCash is not designed for day-trading.  It does not deal with
multiple quotes per day.  However, you can certainly look day to
day by getting quotes and comparing the values.  There's a price
scatterplot and other tools available to view your balances.

> The xac format. I look for in the developper documentation, but i not found a documentation that describe the xac structure file. Where i can find the documentation ?

There is no normative reference to the XML.

> the gnucash interface exist in french.

Yes.

> Is there a group that curently traduce the help file in french ?

No.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation