Check Register Reconciliation Question

Robert Stocks robert.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:46:38 EDT 2008

There are two wasy you could do this.

1.  Reconcile your opening balance,
Run the reconcile
Chose the date of your opening balance transaction
enter your opening balance as the ending balance
chose the opening blance transaction from the list
complete the reconcile
then run the normal reconcile

2.   Accept the 0 opeing balnance and include the opening balance
transaction in the reconcile.
it will all balance out in the end.

Robert

2008/7/2 Tony Nelson <tonyn at openlearning.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I just began using GnuCash and entered all of my checks and deposits
> into the check register.  I also started the register by entering a
> beginning balance, the same balance that shows up in my existing
> QuickBooks check register.
>
> Everything looks good, until I go to attempt a reconciliation.  The
> opening screen asks me to enter the ending balance from my bank
> statement, which is fine.  But it shows an opening balance of $0.00,
> which is incorrect.  The opening balance field is non-editable, so I'm
> not sure how to get the reconciliation program to recognize my opening
> balance.
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> --tony

Robert