Can't Parse URL

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:26:04 EDT 2008

(Moving this topic to gnucash-user)

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Andrew Grall <acgrall at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just downloaded GnuCash and tried it out.. It seems to be a very
> effective program and I would love to use it more.
> However it won't open the money file that I saved!
> I saved a file as "money", but it was given no extension
> So I tried the extensions .xac, .gnu, and .gnucash as suggested in the
> file extensions part.. none of those worked.

Do you mean Microsoft Money? If so, you will have to export your data in a
format that is digestible by one of GnuCash's importers. I'm not familiar
with M$ Money, but it should at least be able to export to QIF format. In
GnuCash you would then do File->New->New File and create an account tree,
followed by importing your QIF data (File->Import->Import QIF...)

Also see here (Money should be similar):
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Which_is_the_best_way_to_import_data_from_Quicken.28TM.29.3F

-Charles

This is the error message I get: