invoice:payments not 1:1 advice?

Ian Smith-Heisters i at idiosyncra.tc
Thu Jul 3 10:50:55 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> "Ian Smith-Heisters" <i at idiosyncra.tc> writes:
>
>>> It is chronological.  It's a chronological FIFO.  HOWEVER, if you
>>> specify a particular invoice in the process payment dialog (which
>>> is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL), then that invoice gets pushed to the
>>> start of the FIFO.
>>
>> ohhhhhhh, cool. Thanks, that totally explains everything. Is there any
>> way to get some kind of report of the cleared invoices, other than the
>> check marks in the search-invoices dialog?
>
> Umm...  I dont remember is the Customer Report will provide
> that information or not.  But in the end it's really the customer
> report that matters, as it shows the full balance due.

hm, ok, that works. Sorry to continue on this thread, but the customer
report doesn't seem to take into account credits (? positive amounts
in the "invoice" column) added to accounts receivable that aren't
linked to a specific invoice. In general, that makes sense, but on
occasion I have to add a few small things for which there won't be an
invoice. To get it to work with the customer report, would it be best
if I just create a dummy invoice?

Thanks so much for your advice so far. This is a great piece of software.

-Ian