Transfer column in the Account Register Window

Jean-Christophe Meylan jcmeylan at bluewin.ch
Fri Jul 4 06:27:21 EDT 2008

Elizabeth Dodd a écrit :
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Jean-Christophe Meylan wrote:
>> I have a big Account Tree, and I find difficult to choose the true
>> account  in the Transfer cell...
>
> start typing
> eg
> E brings up Expense
> E: then brings up the submenus
> E:Gro brings up Expense:Groceries
> E:Gi brings up Expense:Gifts

Thank you for the tip.

I have an Account Hierarchy with 4 levels, and I find hard to find the
desired account (it's always the deepest)... Each account has an Account
code.

In fact, I would have the ability to use the Account code to select the
Transfer Account and display only "<Account Code>:<Account Name>" in the
Transfer column, instead of "<Account Name> Level1:<Account Name>
Level2:<Account Name> Level3:<Account Name> Level4" (much too long)...

Example:

6102:Charges Jean-Christophe Meylan

instead of

COMPTE D'EXPLOITATION DE L'IMMEUBLE:Produits de l'exploitation:Charges à
payer par locataires:Charges Jean-Christophe Meylan

Is it possible to customize the Transfer column?

Jean-Christophe